Ruby on Rails development from the experts
Head of development
We're a team of experienced Ruby on Rails developers focused on well-crafted code and agile software delivery. Based in Germany, makandra is serving satisfied customers worldwide.
- We develop custom web applications
- We rescue Ruby on Rails projects in trouble
- We replace legacy systems
- We train effective development techniques
Agile software development
We believe software projects should be finished in time and within the given budget. That's why we use an agile development process that focuses on rapid feedback and frequent delivery of results. By working in short development cycles we allow you to correct course in flight and control where you'd like to go – every day.
Giving back to the community
When there's no fitting tool you can look for another way – or you can build it. We are maintaining several software libraries as open source projects on GitHub, such as:
- Consul – An authorization solution for Ruby on Rails that uses scopes to control what a user can see or edit.
- Modularity – Traits and partial classes for Ruby.
- Cucumber factory – Creates ActiveRecord objects in your Cucumber features. No step definitions required.
We don't like to solve problems twice
Over the years we solved thousands of problems working on dozens of projects. Each and every solution is diligently recorded in our own knowledge base, so we never have to spend time solving the same problem twice.We constantly update our tools, workflows and practises to learn from our experience, and ensure repeatable standards across all our projects.